Thursday, June 11, 2009

Tatum's joke

Obviously, I have had a very FULL week. My grandson was sick and is now doing better. My granddaughter, Marlee (age 1), made an impromptu trip to the emergency room due to an unfortunate "Running with a Straw" incident, she too is doing better but will probably be eating very soft and incredibly bland food for about a week. They are talking about lay-offs at my job (did I mention that I was the last person hired?). I had to put out $75 for my son's summer school tuition. My husband's truck is broken down and I have a rash under my boobs caused by an ill-fitting bra and sweat. But remarkably, I am in a great mood! Why, you ask?

Because my grandkids are doing fine now. I have a job now and I live in a country that has unemployment benefits for hard-working people facing tough times. My son wanted to take summer classes and I could afford the $75 (it took some juggling but I got it done!). My husband is a mechanic and will have his truck running again in no time! (And well, there is no good spin for the boob rash but it will heal!) But mostly I am in a good mood because this morning I remembered a joke my 5 year old niece told me.
  • Tatum: Why did the cookie go to the doctor?
  • Me: I don't know Tatum. Why did the cookie go to the doctor?
  • Tatum: Because he was feeling crumby!


I know hilarious, right?
Have a great weekend and
thank you all for your prayers and support!

1 comment:

  1. Try cornstarch. LOL You are blessed with a great sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete